We need ordinary people to start the conversation and to build relationships with their legislators. It's pretty simple to do:
(2) Attend one of their open meetings in your community or schedule an appointment
(3) Ask your legislators a few key questions
- "If there was a breastfeeding bill to protect the rights of nursing mothers and children, do you think there would be any opposition to this? If so, what would it be"
- "Do you know of anyone who would be willing to sponsor this bill?"
- "Have you /spouse, family member, friend ever been discriminated against because of breastfeeding?"
(4) Share any relevant stories you have of being discriminated against while breastfeeding if you have them.
(5) Thank them for their time and you are on your way!
(6) Report your conversations back to us.